4 Gbps Packet Capture and Analysis
The NT4E2-4-PTP accelerator provides full packet capture and analysis of Ethernet LAN at 4 Gbps with zero packet loss for all frame sizes. Intelligent features accelerate application performance with extremely low CPU load. Flexible time synchronization is included with a dedicated PTP port.
APPLICATION PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
Our solutions deliver data to monitor applications in real time and analyze application latency and response times. This helps network managers optimize the efficiency of their applications and network infrastructure.
TROUBLESHOOTING AND COMPLIANCE
Our solutions deliver data to applications that provide access to all information that has passed through the network in the order it was received. This allows network managers to comply with regulations, as well as analyze problems from historical data. It also allows them to take actions that will prevent problems from recurring in the future.
NETWORK BEHAVIOR SIMULATION
Our solutions deliver data to, and receive data from, applications that enable telecom operators to simulate real-life subscriber behavior with a variety of applications and services. These applications generate insights that lead to better decision-making regarding infrastructure, service upgrades, and deployment.
NETWORK AND CONTENT SECURITY
Our solutions deliver data to network appliances such as Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) that can see every detail within the networks they are protecting. They can stop attacks, as well as protect against data leaks, while at the same time ensure there is a 100% accurate record of everything that happened.
Modern servers provide unprecedented processing power with multi-core CPU implementations. This makes standard servers an ideal platform for appliance development. But, to fully harness the processing power of modern servers, it is important that the analysis application is multi-threaded and that the right Ethernet frames are provided to the right CPU core for processing. Not only that, but the frames must be provided at the right time to ensure that analysis can be performed in real time.
Napatech Multi-CPU distribution is built and optimized from our close knowledge of server architecture, as well as real life experience from our manufacturing customers.
Napatech accelerators ensure that identified flows of related Ethernet frames are distributed in an optimal way to the available CPU cores. This ensures that the processing load is balanced across the available processing resources, and that the right frames are being processed by the right CPU cores.
With flow distribution to multiple CPU cores, the throughput performance of the analysis application can be increased by orders of magnitude. Not only that, but the performance can also be scaled by using faster processors or more processing cores.
Napatech accelerators support different distribution schemes that are fully configurable:
- Distribution per Port: All frames captured on a physical port are transferred to the same CPU core for processing
- Distribution per Traffic Type: Frames of the same protocol type are transferred to the same CPU core for processing
- Distribution by Flows: Frames with the same hash value are sent to the same CPU core for processing
Ethernet-based networks are designed to be generic, frame-based media for carrying all kinds of protocols, not only TCP/IP. For users who want to monitor their network traffic in the most efficient way, it is therefore important to be able to recognize as many protocols as possible.
Napatech accelerators have a unique set of features for extracting information from the layer 2-4 network traffic. Header information for the various protocols transported over Ethernet is made available for analysis. This includes encapsulation and tunneling protocols.
The protocols that Napatech accelerators can recognize include:
- Protocols: IPv4, IPv6, UDP, and TCP
- Encapsulations: ISL, VLAN, and MPLS
- Tunneling Protocols: GRE, SCTP, IP-in-IP, and GTP
When combined with deep packet inspection (DPI) software from Napatech partners, this information provides deep and real-time insight into what is happening in the network right now.
- Standard: IEEE 802.3 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet LAN
- Physical interface: 4 x SFP ports
- 1GBASE-SX (Multi-mode, 850 nm),
- 1GBASE-LX (Singlemode, 1310 nm)
- 1GBASE-ZX (Singlemode, 1550 nm)
- Capture rate: 4 x 1 Gbps
- Transmit rate: 4 x 1 Gbps
- CPU load: < 5%
ON-BOARD IEEE 1588-2008 (PTPV2)
- Full IEEE 1588-2008 stack
- Packet Delay Variation (PDV) filter
- PTP master and slave in IEEE 1588-2008 default profile
- PTP slave in IEEE 1588-2008 telecom and power profiles
HARDWARE TIME STAMP
- Resolution: 4 ns
- NDIS 10 ns/100 ns
- UNIX 10 ns
- Externalconnectors: Dedicatedpluggable
- Internal connectors: 2 for daisy-chain support
PLUGGABLE OPTIONS FOR TIME SYNCHRONIZATION
- PPS for GPS and CDMA
- IEEE 1588-2008 (PTP v2)
- NT-TS for accelerator-to-accelerator time sync
HOST INTERFACE AND MEMORY
- Bus type: 8-lane 5 GT/s PCIe Gen2
- PCIeperformance: 25 Gbpsfullduplex
- Onboard RAM: 2 GB DDR3
- Flash: Support for 2 bootimages
- RMON1 counters plus jumbo frame counters per port
- Frame and byte counters per color (filter) and per host buffer
- Counter sets always delivered as a consistent time-stamped snapshot
- Power consumption: 23.3 Watts including SFP SX modules
- Operating temperature: 0° to 45°C (32° to 113°F)
- Operating humidity: 20% to 80%
- MTBF: 202,929 hours according to RIAC-HDBK-217Plus
- Easy-to-integrate NT-API
- libpcap support
- WinPcap support
- Software PTP stack
- ½-length PCIe
REGULATORY APPROVALS AND COMPLIANCES
- cURus (UL)