The network forensics solution from Savvius
The Omnipliance network data recording appliance - network packet capture
The Savvius Omnipliance series of products provides high speed network traffic analysis and recording, suitable for all network speeds and helping IT companies to analyse, monitor and accurately record data traffic. Omnipliances allow continuous 24/7 access to 1G, 10G, and 40G networks providing detailed analysis, including forensic analysis of previous events, expert analysis and critical network metrics such as Top Protocols and Top Talkers, providing a visual display of how the various elements communicate.
Each Omnipliance provides:
- Powerful features for recording of terabytes of traffic without packet loss.
- The award-winning OmniPeek Enterprise software for performing real-time Analysis of Live Network Traffic and Forensic Network Analysis of Recorded Traffic.
The OmniPeek Enterprise Network Analyzer offers a broad range of tools for analyzing and troubleshooting in real-time and recorded network traffic.
The Omnipliances meet all the requirements of network forensics for complex high-speed networks , only in combination with the network ( Ethernet ) TAPs .
- Powerful network recording to capture traffic in terabytes with no packets loss.
- OmniPeek Enterprise software which has won awards for analysis of live network traffic in real-time, providing forensic network analysis for recorded traffic.
- OmniPeek’s Enterprise Network Analyser offers tools for real-time analysing and troubleshooting as well as recording network traffic.
- Omnipliance has everything needed for network forensics on high-speed and complex networks including network (Ethernet) taps.
- Data collection for network traffic on 1G, 10G and 40G with no loss and with full integrity of data integrity.
- Powerful tools for data preparation, helping IT engineers to examine specific time periods and traffic types.
- Integrated analysis, including expert analysis and critical network performance metrics such as Top Protocols and TopTalkers, so potential attacks are quickly identified.
- Visual display of communications via a Peer-Map.
- Network settings are given at the start with an 8ns precision time stamp (known as timestamping). GPS, PTP andotherexternal time sourcesaresupported
- Precision means complete recording with no data loss and exact ratios provided, as well as no packet loss for high-speed traffic.
- Each installation is tailored to suit the size of the organisation who can then add and combine different applications according to their individual network forensic requirements. Omnipliance TL with OmniStorage disk array records upt 128 TB of network traffic without any data loss.
- Flexibility helps organisations to combine applications using different interface cards for a powerful, cost-effective configuration to monitor their network. Each Omnipliance can combine different interface cards of varying speeds.
- Continuous analysis recording the network over each 24 hour period. Each Omnipliance supports forensic records with forensic ex-post analysis, monitoring recordings to provide detailed expert statistics in real time.
Omnipliances are available in different configurations as follows:
- Omnipliance T300
This solution is ideal for monitoring frequently used high-speed networks. Omnipliance T300 offers real-time monitoring, recording, and forensic analysis for as much as 64 TB of traffic. Additional OmniStorage disk provide the option of double Omnipliance TL’s internal memory, increasing the capacity of individual Omnipliance TL to 128 TB.
Network forensics solution Omnipliance TL was awarded ‘Best Value Solution’ with the highest capture-to-disk rate by the independent test lab Miercom. In tests, Miercom showed that Omnipliance TL can record network traffic with a constant rate of 25 Gb/s with no packet loss. In 10G networks, the packet capture is achieved through maximum line speed. Savvius is the one and only manufacturer to record 40G network traffic with no loss and at a steady speed of 25 Gb.
- Omnipliance M200
A powerful and cost-effective network applicance for capturing and analysing traffic from sophisticated 1G and 10G networks, including WAN links, data centers and network backbones.
- Omnipliance C100
Savvius is the most cost-effective network traffic recorder providing the perfect solution for monitoring 1G and 10G networks that are less demanding, such as those in small-to-medium size enterprises (SMEs) and in remote locations like branch offices.
Leading network analysis professionals consider Omnipliance Portable to be the best mobile analyser without doubt. Designed for a leading German telecommunications company, the program has features, functions and workmanship acquired during Savvius’ 24 years in the technology industry.
Omnipliance Application Diagram
The diagram below shows exactly how Omnipliances can be used on a corporate network. Individual Omnipliances collect and continuously analyse network traffic on the various network segments across the whole company, ensuring security analysts have permanent access to their network data.
Monitoring with Omnipliances in a distributed enterprise network.
Networks are becoming faster and more complex and security attacks are getting more sophisticated and harder to detect. Business operations are bound to be network-based way into the future so, to ensure a network runs smoothly, IT security teams need to be able to continuously access detailed analysis of network traffic. Security analysts need Network Forensics to provide essential access and insight.
Savvius supports security teams who are analysing data since it records data at critical network points while minimising traffic caused by data collection. Savvius Omnipliance helps security teams to detect and prevent attacks very quickly - even if these take place in ultra-modern and high-speed 40G to 100G networks. This is achieved by storing data in a universal, searchable format, providing both simple and more complex data filters.
About Savvius, Inc.
Savvius has been developing hardware and software solutions to drive network performance, enabling diverse organisations to analyse, troubleshoot, optimize and secure both wireless and wired networks. The Savvius product range is sold in more than 60 countries across all kind of industries and customers include Chrysler, Boeing, Nationwide, Motorola and 80% of Fortune 1000. Savviushas also earned Cisco Technical Development Partner status.
See larger on the image