NEOXPacketGrizzly – Ultra-Fast Capturing, Indexing, Searching & Analysis of Network Data
Your modular and scalable platform for ultra-fast capturing, indexing, searching and analysis of network data in real time!
There is more data than ever before in enterprise networks, but less precision in network analysis. Organizations rely on their networks more than ever, but have less confidence in network monitoring and troubleshooting. How can network monitoring and troubleshooting be made more practical?
PacketGrizzly, an industry-leading, modular packet capture and analysis solution, enables real-time and post-event analysis in networks at speeds up to 100Gbps. PacketGrizzly gives network administrators the ability to identify network and application performance problems in 1/10/25/40/100 Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac WLAN, VoIP and Video-over-IP networks. PacketGrizzly offers a powerful network capture solution that captures up to several petabytes of traffic without packet loss, as well as award-winning Omnipeek software for real-time analysis of live network traffic and forensic network analysis of captured traffic. PacketGrizzly consists of a capture appliance for packet capture and, depending on the storage space required, up to four storage units on which the captured packet data is recorded.
- Intel Xeon CPU
- 128 GB RAM
- Up to 3 high-speed FPGA Capture Cards for 1/10/25/40/100G per Capture Appliance
- 10G Ethernet management interface
- 19” Rackmount, 2 U
- Dimensions (Height x Width x Depth): 8.73 cm x 44.55 cm x 73.02 cm
- Weight: max. 23.6 kg
- RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50 or ADAPT
- Up to 4 storage units per Capture Appliance
- Storage space between 224 TB and 5376 TB
- 19” Rackmount, 5 U
- Dimensions (Height x Width x Depth): 22.23 cm x 44.45 cm x 98.10 cm
- Weight: min. 82 kg (without drives) / max. 135 kg (fully equipped)
Preinstalled software and hardware
The Capture Appliance of the NEOXPacketGrizzly is delivered with a combination of leading software and hardware solutions and contains the following components:
- LiveCapture (Software)
- Lossless capture and recording of 1G, 10G, 25G, 40G and 100G network traffic while ensuring full data integrity.
- Powerful data preparation tools that allow IT technicians to focus on specific time periods and types of traffic.
- Integrated analytics, including expert analysis and critical network metrics such as top talkers and top protocols, all of which contribute to accelerated investigation of potential attacks.
- The network data is provided with a hardware time stamp with nanosecond accuracy on arrival. GPS, PPS, PTP and other external time sources are supported.
You can get more information about LiveCapture here.
- Napatech (Capture Card)
The NEOXPacketLion Capture Appliance can be used simultaneously with three of the following network measurement and capture cards:
- 1/10G (High Performance) FPGA Adapter (SFP/SFP+)
- 25/40/100G (High Performance) FPGA Adapter (QSFP+/QSFP28)
For more information about Napatech’s capture cards, click here.
- Acceleration of Mean-Time-To-Resolution (MTTR) through visualization and interaction with meta data, communication flows and the packets themselves
- Extensive insight into the functioning of networks and applications including application detection/classification
- Analysis of network traffic in each remote segment, support for 1/10/25/40/100 Gigabit Ethernet and 802.11 wireless
- Voice and Video over IP quality metrics (MOS Score), including overview statistics and comprehensive analysis of signaling and RTP media flows
- Packet-based analysis of communication relationships, visualized in intuitive graphical displays
- Integrated, reliable expert events, indication of anomalies via OSI Layer 2-7
- Patented drill-down function
- Recording of terabytes of traffic without packet loss
- Hardware based time stamps with nanosecond accuracy
- PTP support for external time synchronization according to IEEE 1588v2
- Simultaneous unlimited access via Web GUI (“Peek”)
- Packet Slicing and Capture Filter in hardware
- 4GB/12GB hardware buffer to absorb and analyze microbursts
- PCAP or PCAPNG Support